To sleep, perchance to dream, of knitting.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

After 27 years.....

The doctor who scarf is on! Casted on! yeah, baby!



First, I bought some nice burgandy, sage, and orange. the orange is a bit too orange for my tastes, but i am trying to move beyond my usual 'bruise pallate' of colours. It's a start. I went to the fabulous doctor who scarf website, printed a pic. of my favourite scarf, and am using it loosely for reference.


Then i wound the skeins into balls using the classic two chairs method. No, my child is useless for these things. sad, really.



And then i sat down, watched the 'Dalek' episode, and got only so very little of the way in. I am making a very narrow version, only 23 stitches wide. just about 4 inches. I fifgure that was my great failing when i was six. Trying to make a 17 foot long, 8 inch wide ba-heeeemooth! now i am going for long skinny. i hope to get to ten feet, but i am not going to torture myself with it. Also, i don't have time for these shennanigans. My knitting time is at an absolute premium. It's down to chosing between that or sleep. Food is off the table, litteraly. I'm back to eating straight out of the fridge when i get a moment. bad bad bad.

I am also deviating from pattern in doing slipped edges, because raw edges offend me deeply.
sorry. They just do. A pox on the non-selvedged edge. nyah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Cool colors. I really like the bright orange.

7:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home