To sleep, perchance to dream, of knitting.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

THE HILLS HAVE AFGHANS...uh...THE AFGHANS HAVE EYES...uh...


So, I love horror films, and I love to knit. It only seems right that I should combine the two. I also love Japanese art. This puts the frosting on the peanut butter cup. Uh. Or something. SO, to this uncertain end I am knitting an eyeball covered afghan. Here's a test circle. I thought about crocheting circles, as those always seem to look so much more circular, but I remembered that I stink at crochet. With some small adjustments I think I can tweak this circle tighter. Then to add a black border, and big goofy Anime style irises and such. Then have many eyeballs of differing sizes connected by a web of Debbie Newesque scribble lace or other such contrivance to make a rectangular afghan. I am thinking a light tan for the body. Also, I think all of the eyes should be staring of in different directions. No matter where you are, this afghan will look at you. Unless you stuff it in the back of a closet. And then it will simply think about you. All. Night. Long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home