To sleep, perchance to dream, of knitting.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

March 2, 2008


The docotor who scarf is now taller than me, and resting at the moment beside the couch in the living room. The cat has not yet claimed it as her own personal napping spot, only because we get no sunlight in that room at all. Its a cave! one day we will install some nifty light tubes....yeah, one day.

The baby surprise jacket for the baby that surprised me is done, as is her hat. Yes, her hat. I totally caved and peaked. Due to my 'advanced' age, i had to have a number of tests that i didn't need with the boy. Now, i did skip a lot of them still, no amnio for me, thanks! But blood tests done on me, that's fine, and two scans? ok, as long as it's only two. So i am laying on the table covered with slime and the tech is talking to me about the previous baby (now seven) that i had, and i mentioned that he had not gotten any kind of scan or testing or poking at all. She looked at me with a very surprised face and said "And the baby turned out all right?"

yeah, cause the scan totally prevents defects.

currently in progress is a variation of the Elizabeth Zimmerman/ Mrs. Hoover baby blanket, look at an older issue of knitty.com to find the pattern for the latter. I cast on 108 stitches of Patton's newish SWS yarn which is soft as all get out and totally affordable, on to a 29" circular needle. I used garter stitch for 6 ridges, and then leaving 6 stitches on each side for a border, took those middle ones and K1, M1, the rest of the way across. This doubled the number of stitches in the middle, and makes a two sided blanket, you can put your fingers down between the layers of fabric, its so neat. but the border is in single stitch, and makes a nice deffinition around the edges. So just continue along, slipping every other stitch. The only draw-back is that it is fairly boring, but the yarn is nice to use, and is thick enough to knit up rather quickly.

One day i will get my camera fixed, but until then cell-phone only pictures. bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home